Please remember this is a process in flux as ISBE keeps changing and PowerSchool attempts to keep up.
- Go to ISBE SIS > Batch Files > Request File
- Select Assessment PARCC Pre-ID
- Download the PARCC ISBE to PS Template below - to use to create the import file for PowerSchool.
- Open the PARCC ISBE to PS Template.xlsx and save with a new name. (So you can use this again.)
- Open the ISBE Download in a text editor. (I use TextWrangler).
- Select ALL and copy from the ISBE download.
- Switch to the PARCC ISBE to PS Template and click in cell A15 (just below the green header row) and paste.
- Select the data you just pasted and go to your Menu bar and Select Data > Text to Columns.
- Choose Delimited, then choose Comma.
- Click Finish
- now Delete row 15 - That starts with Parcc Pre-ID (We don't need that row for PowerSchool)
- Now Delete the columns we don't need. (Because we should never import unnecessary data)
IL_Legal_Last_Name (just change this to Last)
IL_Legal_First_Name (just change this to First)
----- and at the very end you can also remove
Enrolled in Home School On or Before May 1
Enrolled in Home District On or Before May 1
Now comes the tricky part.
ISBE lists some fields as if they were the same, but they are specific to each test subject.
PowerSchool recognizes that they are distinct for each subject and so has separate fields.
ISBE - Accommodation IEP
PS - ELA - Accommodation IEP, Math - Accommodation IEP
PS Field Names - S_IL_STU_X.PARCC_ELA_ACCOM_IEP, S_IL_STU_X.PARCC_MATH_ACCOM_IEP
So we have to work with One Subject Group at a time.
Let's start with ELA.
- Sort by Test Code
- Since you are going to upload ELA info - delete ALL Math rows.
- Now you need the corrected header row for Powerschool.
Row 1 is the ELA field names.
- Delete the rows between Row 1 and your data. You probably won't be able to delete the green header row. That was created as a Table that allows us to keep the formatting. This is not a huge issue. PS will ignore the line since their is no corresponding student_number.
- Save as a Tab Delimited file
- Quick Import into Students
When you get back to doing the Math fields, Row 7 is the Math Header row for PS. Delete the rows above and below to your data.
Save as a Tab Delimited file
Quick Import into Students
Now you can work with the info in PowerSchool until you are ready to upload back to ISBE.
Plan to join us for our Fall 2015 PSUG-IL User Group meeting on Tuesday, November 17th!! Meet our new Illinois PowerSchool reps and hear what's new with PowerSchool 9 (and beyond). Get the latest on IL State Reporting in PowerSchool.
Do you need to "clean up" the customizations on your system? Do you have old customizations installed and want to update or install new customizations? Attend part 1 of our "PowerSchool Modernization" workshops to help bring your system up-to-date.
Our meeting will be a full-day event (9AM - 3PM) and lunch details are forth-coming. Please sign up if you plan to attend to help us with food planning. We look forward to seeing you there!!
PSUG-IL Info Exchange Planning Committee
8:30: Continental Breakfast (sponsored by PowerSchool)
9:15: Illinois State Reporting/PowerSchool Resources & Training/Future Workshops
10:30: PowerSchool Update
11:45: Lunch & Learn (sponsored by Bright Arrow)
12:30: PowerSchool Modernization (Part I)
A HUGE thank you to our meeting sponsors:
- PowerSchool (continental breakfast)
- Bright Arrow Technologies (lunch & learn)
Materials/Resources from the meeting:
- fall_2015_welcome.pdf - Slides from the start of the meeting
- Custom Legacy Field Inspector - Plugin to help in the process of migrating custom legacy fields to the new database extension fields.
- PowerSchools Adavanced Database Extensions Guide - Contains official documentation on page fragments and plugin creation. Good examples!
- Blue Steel CPM - An enchanced version of custom page manager we used at the meeting.
- more2.mycustompage.leftnav.footer.txt - Page fragment example 1, insert a link at the bottom of the student links (/admin/more2.html)
- more2.mycustompage2.leftnav.footer.txt - Page fragment example 2, insert a link after the Photo link (/admin/more2.html)
- Email Teachers - A plugin by Adam Larson. Includes page fragment examples.
- Instant Family Reps - A plugin by Nick Peronti. Includes page fragment examples.
- reporttabs.removerw.report.tabs_.txt - Fragment to remove reportworks tab (admin/reports)
- home.removerw.content.footer.txt - Fragment to remove reportworks link on admin homepage
- DERO Technical Services - Bob Cornacchioli's standards-based report card
- Computer Logic Group - also does standards-based report cards
- Lazy Man I - Intro to Customizing (John Dunleavy)
- Lazy Man II - Page Fragments (John Dunleavy)
- more2.sortlinkexample.leftnav.footer.txt - Page fragment example 3 (with sorting) by Adam Larsen
Jim Swaney, Account Executive
Mobile: (573) 289-8841
Steve Rutledge, Account Executive
Mobile: (612) 237-0582
Brad Kerst, Sr. Global Solution Engineer
Mobile: (906) 202-0993